So I LOVE HIMYM and was excited when Lily became a cool art consultant. I felt even more cool as art is my field of work. Now people could see what art professionals do is fun and important at the same time. Although with the latest episode (although HILARIOUS) kind of let me down. The episode made Lily seem full of crap, so “la di da” with her new fashionable clothes (why is THAT bad?! Are people who dress well and in the art business full of crap? Why would you want to look like a hobo?) and the hats (ok that’s a bit extreme for me too, but hey – she could pull it off). And whenever the Captain called her at night she would have to just take off to purchase the next hot artist. Let’s get some facts straight to the MILLIONS of people watching HIMYM (because it’s just an amazing show and totally different from FRIENDS. Kind of.)
- If your client who is an art collector calls you every night to take off, you can’t just take off for ANY artist. Not every artist has “investment potential” (sorry :S)
- Okay it’s NY city so there probably are A LOT of openings. However, most of the openings happen during the weekends, with few exceptions. I don’t see how she’s going out every night from Monday to Sunday
- Art professionals (esp ones starting out) actually do NOT get paid as much as people might think they do. It’s a thankless job and should really be paying more. But there’s a lot of factors involved so I won’t get into it.
- Art is AWESOME and not all of it is random uncomfortable sculptures that look like crap. A lot of it is inspiring and for social causes as well, not only for private investments.
- Yes you can get drunk at openings… I guess I can’t say anything else to that.
- If you would like to find a consultant for your art, email me separately 🙂
Can’t wait for the next episode!